Tuesday 13 October 2009

A Calipo Now

Viet Nam's currency is ridiculous. It's called the Dong and it's not worth very much. I got very close to my first million costing night out.

Had a full day in Saigon, two people tried to rob us (separate incidents: one pickpocket; one bag snatch), being unusually cautious at the moment.

Just spent two days on the Mekong delta. The Mekong's a big river, I'll tell you that for free. We saw a lot of boats. We went on a fair few - seven in two days, maybe more? One was pointless (small, slow motorboat up a canal, then back down it, no reason at all, apparently), another was ridiculous (boarding a slippery boat from a ramshackle platform in the middle of nowhere at night).

We went to Unicorn Island (That's a misnomer, I didn't see a single unicorn. Did see mudskipper fishes - which are probably stranger than unicorns). Our tour guide forced us to sing on the way there - which was all a bit Sunday School outing.

1 comment:

Molipola said...

I'm glad it was 'tried to rob us twice' not 'we got robbed twice'.

I have a headache and I'm off school. I like reading about your adventures.