Sunday 4 October 2009

Mermaid and Chips Twice, Please


I'm better. Head's better. Foot's better. I've finished the course of antibiotics. I can drink again.

Or at least I could if someone hadn't stolen the beer. Someone broke into the guesthouse and stole two DVD (broken) players and most of the crate of beer I'd bought before I got sick. Which is understandable, but I had emptied it into the fridge so they had to steal it one can at a time: it would have taken them ages. The especially ironic thing is that I'd've given the beer away if someone had asked as I saw them as 24 cans of temptation in my antibiotic-induced fug.

I've been practising my Khmer. I've got surprisingly good, given my normal inability to pick up languges. Although people don't always seem to teach me the most useful words. I "was taught "hide"before I knew "have". Obviously I've completely embraced this I can now say "I'm hungry, can I have mermaid and ginger, please?"and "I want the moon on a stick."

1 comment:

Molipola said...

WHAT WAS IN THE LUMP?

WHERE DID IT GO?

Was it just an infection? I like that idea better. Was the lump your gland? Because that would make sense. The blood poisoning would track back from the site of infection to the nearest gland and make it swell up. I'm making myself feel better about this. It was a bacterial infection, not maggots. I was thinking you had maggots in your scalp.

We've got nits at school; I'll tell them to Get Some Perspective.