Monday 16 November 2009

Chinese Socks

I'm in the rather unethical position of finding that it's cheaper to buy new clothes than wash my old ones. That's not sustainable, right? I'd say I haven't replaced everything yet for environmental reasons, but really it's because I can't work out the sizes. My new t-shirt is a small and makes me look like a yacht, my new pants are a large and make me walk funny.

I'm in Shanghai now. The weather here is thoroughly British, in fact quite a lot about Shanghai is quite British. The train here got delayed because of snow on the line. Just like home.

Some things are perhaps less like home. Grasshoppers are a popular pet, there's a market devoted to them. They have little grasshopper leads and everything, if they had had sadles I'd've probably got one.

They do skyscrapers here in a big way. Most of the new buildings look properly amazing. I've just been up the Financial Centre, highest observation platform in the world, don't you know. The view would have been amazing had it not been so cloudy. Couldn't even see the ground, I guess that's the risk you run at those kind of heights.

No comments: