Sunday 1 November 2009

Good Night Viet Nam

So I've left Viet Nam and with it South East Asia. Four months, six long-term travel companions, eight countries and a good, solid base level of weirdness. Probably the bits of the trip I'm most likely to repeat and the bits of the trip I would least like to. Incidentally one of those unpleasant bits Goss is having to do tomorrow, which links those two sentences nicely.

I'm in Hong Kong now. It's a proper city. All HMV and Marks and Spencers. Starbucks and Subway on alternate corners. Kinda like home only with really tall buildings. I mean REALLY tall. Most of the buildings here are quite tall but some are really tall. Four of the World's Top 20 are here. It's got the tallest building I've ever seen and until a few hours ago I was completely unaware of its existence; who needs to know what the fourth tallest building in the world is, anyway?

And they dance. You heard me, the buildings dance. When I heard of the World's best static light show I thought that was a euphemism for how pretty the harbour looked at night. I really wasn't expecting all the lights of all the buildings to be synchronised to music for fifteen minutes. Absolutely ridiculous. Loved it.

______

Shouts: Edward T Horncastle, dirty thirty and married. Well grown up.

No comments: