Monday 31 August 2009

A Pair of Bruneis

I'm in Bandar Seri Begawan, now there's a mouthful of a Capital City if ever there was one (remember that for the kids at Angkor Wat), although given that the Country is actually Brunei Darussalam I probably shouldn't be surprised.

The City's tiny; barely more than a provincial town. There's only about 80,000 people living here and almost half of those live in the "water villages", stilted houses on the river. I've not been here very long and I've done just about everything there is to do. I think I'm going to spend the afternoon digging for oil.

_______

Just read Nick Hornby's Polysyllabic Spree, it's basically a reading list. Now there's another 17 books that I feel ashamed that I haven't read, so have to waste my time hunting them down in second-rate, Asian bookswaps. Cheers, Hornby, you big, well-read idiot.

No comments: