Thursday 20 August 2009

Seven Months, Crikey!

Seven months in. Fifteen countries. Three continents. Still all in one piece (despite my best efforts - things currently afflicting me: the second bout of unnecessary sunburn in not very long - when will i learn?; a nice scar from where i fell through the floor of a bamboo hut - yes, it was funny).

Am back in Chiang Mai now. The remainder of my time in pai was suitably pleasant, despite the lack of pies (false advertising if ever there was any. No pies and lots of pie-based puns. If anyone can sort me out with a pie hat would go down a treat. Steak and onion, please. Thanks).

I hired me a moped and snuck out into the countryside and, just when I'd got all world weary and thought I wasn't going to see anything impressive ever again, the World goes and throws me into Pai Canyon. It was a network of skinny, footwide footpaths with plunging cliffs either side. I felt like I was in a maze in an Usborne Solve it Yourself book. AgentArthurtastic.

___________

Given that Pai is supposed to be a cool and quirky little place, I feel as though I should be offended at the music that was being played in all bars. I understand that where there are hippies there's going to be Jack Johnson, but Celine Dion? Really?

No comments: