Wednesday 10 June 2009

The Long Clouds

My guess was right, Wellington was suitably lovely. I was all cultural and went to museums and learnt about Maoris and stuff.

I'm on the South Island now. It's a bit rainy. It meant yesterday we were forced to entertain ourselves with a winery tour. Which was unfortunate.

We walked the first leg of the Queen Charlotte Sound track today - turns out Fiona and I have different ideas regarding the amount of technical clothes you need to wear whilst walking. She was a bit bemused that I was only going to wear happy pants and a t-shirt; I didn't know the names of all the clothes she was wearing.

The walk was all beautiful and, at ponts, had Robinson Crusoe levels of remoteness. The boat back to Picton was kind of cool: we stopped at a salmon farm to watch the seals trying to break in and, for ten minutes or so, a tumbling mass of dolphins were playing in our wake. Well Charlotte Sound.

No comments: